I can’t muster much enthusiasm for this first Mercury retrograde of 2009.
Year after year, I remind everyone that Mercury retrograde is only a problem for new projects. It’s the ideal time to retrieve books you’ve loaned friends, collect money due you, and finish all those small projects that clutter your mind and your workspace.
This is a particularly fierce Mercury retrograde (at least at my house) with all kinds of computer complications. Complications with my server, my computer, my online banking. Even my blog stuttered over my password 🙁
Mercury’s retrograde in Aquarius, the sign that corresponds to computers and electronics. Uranus, ruler of Aquarius, is opposing Saturn, coruler of Aquarius, right now. So no wonder things are frazzled. My best astrological advice:
- Repair don’t replace until February 1st.
- Avoid buying electronics until February 1st unless you like having to make myriad adjustments.
- Limit purchases to what you need and will use immediately; it’s no time to stock up.
- Get creative and find ways to use (and use up) what’s on hand; that’s good for your pocketbook, too. I always use up old pens and pencils and odds and ends of office supplies on Mercury retrograde.
- Clean up your workspace–or the basement or garage. Mercury retrograde’s main purpose is completion so you can be ready for the next three months of forward movement after Mercury goes direct.
- Plan–preferably on paper–projects and steps toward your goals. Research now. Implement after February 1st.
- Oh, and give your brain a break. Grab the fun reading stack and enjoy the slower retrograde pace.